Thursday, February 18, 2016

Flying Cows Pt 3


 Tom's father "aka the Mushroom Man" neared his son introduced me to his father who is called, "John." A perfectly ordinary name for a uniquely attired person.

"Hello," I said, "Your son was just telling me all the work that you've been doing and all the help the aliens have given."

"You are the first person I've met outside of my family who the aliens have contacted."

"Really?" asked I, "Because I thought the aliens contacted insomniacs and I know a lot of insomniacs."

"Well, not every insomniac is intelligent enough to accept that there are other worlds that can support life and have done so for many years. I assume you are the first who realized it wasn't just a dream."

"They did give me some mushroom spores."

"MUSHROOM SPORES!!!!" Exclaimed John. "This is a great honor they have bestowed on me. Now I can communicate with them. You see, mushrooms are how the aliens found us. What are, a scientist?"

"Uh, yes I am a scientist."

Well then, scientists search for water looking for life, but you can't have food without photosynthesizing organisms. But they will die and need something to break down the plant matter. Mushrooms and fungi are great at that and when they reproduce, they send out spores into the air."

"Wait a second…mushrooms don’t send spores into space. Yes, I've seen videos on Youtube about mushrooms exploding, but they don't have that kind of power. You need rocket fuel."

"Ha! Well that is where you are wrong…not completely though. You are still thinking like every other scientist out there."

I was beginning to not like how this conversation was going. Yes, I know scientists aren't always right and that there are a lot of planets that have the potential for life and I know the definition of life…but mushrooms? Tin foil hats? This  was sounding too much like a conspiracy theory crackpots trying to initiate someone else into their group. I know that I am strange in the sense I like new information. But I like tested information.  Question everything and follow the evidence is my motto. The issue here is that if he is right, then there is a whole world of possibilities. Oh and the cows and the weird trees. We do have genetic engineering that could possibly make trees like that. The part that doesn't fit is levitating cows. I could understand flying lizards, fish, extremely large flying insects, but cows? There is no record of such creatures existing in the fossil record and I'm pretty sure they don't have DNA that could be manipulated. There must be some environmental factor.

"You probably think that I’m a nutcase, right?"

"Well, you do have to admit is a little strange to see people wearing tin foil hats, eating mushrooms and saying the aliens  gave you special knowledge and only a select know."

"Hahaha, yes you are right, but it is not a conspiracy and the aliens do exist and I will tell you all that I know. This I will say just in case you have read too many sci-fi novels, they are not here to harm us, but to explore. Think of them as those who understand a lot more about science than we do."

"Okay, I am curious though, especially about the cows. When I seem them, I keep thinking that I may be hallucinating. Is there an explanation for that."

"Oh, yes, and I want to offer you something to eat, but I think I should explain before you eat just in case you think I may use mushrooms to help my cause" he said with a smile.

I must admit, they both seemed like nice people who were just happy that someone else was also interested in the same   things they were, but there was a part of me that said to walk away, but those cows…my curiosity outweighed my hesitation and I listened to this strange tale that even if not true was still quite interesting in and of itself.

-Signy

Remember that if you have any weird random or plain normal ideas please tell me in the comments.


No comments:

Post a Comment